Tuesday 12 July 2016

All i have is this body

Within which i run ,i hop, i struggle
i hide, i play, i stay quiet, i wait.

my body
has its weather,
so it rains, gets sunny, cold ,warm.

it has its day and night
it has its seasons

it has
its landscapes, its music, a language of its own.

It has so much that i ignore how much.

But at times i'm attentive to it in a natural sort of way
that leaves me marvelling
at all the things happening inside,
some, in mysterious ways.

When i get worried it gets worried
when i smile it smiles.

The woods engorged with the faint early morning light
engorged as much with its silence
holds
moments
as pure as prayer,

holds
connections to the wholeness,
to life,
to beauty,
to doors opening to some kind of heaven.

i witness something uncoiling out of me, out of my body.

And, it goes quietly
through the stillness of things,

to watch and look out,
to greet other kind of silences....

silences of the flowers,
of the leaves, of the fields
of the stones, of the clouds,
of the water in the ponds,
careful not to disturb the ants,
the dragonflies on the reeds ,
the lazily floating frogs....

Then, it comes back and settles inside my body again.

i feel the freshness of every single thing it has visited,

it melts and becomes substances in my blood
giving me an understanding
how everything is so vast in its own ways
how everything is so inseperable, so inter-related.

i eat and drink this universe with my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment